emma gonzalez speech transcript

Happy pride! she exclaimed to the adoring fans. We call BS. Bang! A normal Tuesday morning of going to class has suddenly turned into a nightmare no one thought would ever happen. Im talking about the people he lived with. Gonzlez survived and channeled her grief into activism. Become a freelancer and work on your own terms. Markin Duke. We certainly do not understand why it should be harder to make plans with friends on weekends than to buy an automatic or semi-automatic weapon. All Rights Reserved. Read the full transcript of speech and watch the video from CNN below: That us kids dont know what were talking about, that were too young to understand how the government works. Nothing in the title suggests that it is exclusively tracking the USAs shootings and yet does it need to address that? Emma Gonzlez reveals that she, along other victims, have every right to be emotional, for she witness her friends die in front of her. Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much We want civilians to have to go through more rolls of red tape to get what they want, because if any of that tape can stop those who shouldnt own a gun from owning a gun, then our government will have done something right. She also expressed her generation's commitment to Fight for your lives before it's someone else's job.". It was the18th school shootingin the United States this year alone. The most accurate AI-powered transcription on the market. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. They say guns are just tools like knives and are as dangerous as cars. Chris Hixon would never. No one could comprehend the devastating aftermath or how far this would reach or where this would go. Heres Where The NHS Nurses Strike Currently Stands, 'The Rig' Shares A Filming Location With This Marvel Blockbuster, McDonalds New Menu Includes A Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wrap, The UK Government Is *Finally* Banning Conversion Therapy, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter, By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. She survived last week's school shooting that killed 17 people. Emma Gonzalez: 'We call BS!, student rally post Parkland mass shooting - 20188. A Warner Bros. 4 0 R /Type /Catalog>> In Florida, to buy a gun you do not need a permit, you do not need a gun license, and once you buy it you do not need to register it. My grandmother thought it was cute, and because they were my favorite, she let me keep doing it. Emma Gonzlez is an 18 year old high school student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. "YzPcY^ *21K Ywid}p,RMH\% _ARZD\Jf KHh#ndPB:-/K@ jq,O8UD. Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg spoke at the Washington D.C. March For Our Lives rally. /Keywords <> /Producer (WeasyPrint 0.41 \(http://weasyprint.org/\))>> Promise. Since he was in middle school, it was no surprise to anyone who knew him to hear that he was the shooter. Audio & Video Transcription Convert your audio or video into 99% accurate text by a professional. Not because you are less than. Emma Gonzalez, a student who survived the deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., earlier this week, delivered an impassioned speech at a gun control rally. She was born in the US, the daughter of a lawyer who fled Fidel Castro's Cuba in 1968. He would not have harmed that many students with a knife. I am not going to hold myself back anymore for the sake of somebody elses fragile ego.. . Emma Gonzalez March for Our Lives Speech Transcript Happy Scribe's Favorites 2,612 views 26 Feb 2020 Download Transcribe your podcast [00:00:18] Six minutes. <> /MediaBox Wii So again once upon a transcript is emma gonzalez gun control speech transcript right now.. That justice Scalia had the better legal argument. I have reached my fucking limit, she said. <> "Fight for your life before its somebody elses job.". No one could believe that there were bodies in that building waiting to be identified for over a day. Or would you choose us, and if you answered us, will you act like it for once? 10 0 obj [0 0 612 792] /Parent 4 0 R /Resources 12 0 R /TrimBox [0 0 612 792] People are screaming, running all We use cookies to offer you the best experience. This is a piece of the speech that she gave on March 24, 2018. I thought they were both pork chops. If you dont do anything to prevent this from continuing to occur, that number of gunshot victims will go up and the number that they are worth will go down. We are going to take this to every election, to every . Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa was the sole sponsor on this bill that stops the FBI from performing background checks on people adjudicated to be mentally ill and now hes stating for the record, Well, its a shame the FBI isnt doing background checks on these mentally ill people. Well, duh. Canada has had three and the UK had one and they both introduced gun control and yet here we are, with websites dedicated to reporting these tragedies so that they can be formulated into statistics for your convenience. Japan has never had a mass shooting. Emma Gonzlez spoke for just under two minutes on Saturday before tens of thousands of demonstrators at the March for Our Lives rally in Washington, describing the effects of gun violence in emotional detail and reciting the names of classmates who had been killed. In response, Gonzalez co-founded the gun control advocacy group 'Never Again MSD'. In her speech, Gonzalez reiterated that her classmates and the community are . Because Australia had one mass shooting in 1999 in Port Arthur (and after the) massacre introduced gun safety, and it hasnt had one since. The students who are dead, the students still in the hospital, the student now suffering PTSD, the students who had panic attacks during the vigil because the helicopters would not leave us alone, hovering over the school for 24 hours a day. This Friday, a day before the scheduled March for Our Lives protest for stronger gun . Since then, Emma Gonzlez has become an American activist and advocate for gun control. You say that children are the future and you never fucking listen to what we say once were old enough to disagree with you, you decaying degenerates, she said. It was the worst high school shooting in American history. (Famous Speeches: "We call BS," Emma Gonzalez's speech to gun advocates)>> Biden Signed a Historic Same-Sex Marriage Bill! Six minutes and about 20 seconds. We call BS. <> /Pages 6 0 obj < /Creator (cairo 1.14.4 (http://cairographics.org)) On Saturday, February 17th, high schooler Emma Gonzalez delivered a passionate speech at an anti-gun rally. Some discussions on the subject even occurred during the shooting while students were hiding in the closets. Three gunmen enter the high school with AR-15s and chaos ensues among the entire student body. And divided by the number of gunshot victims in the United States in the one and one-half months in 2018 alone, that comes out to being $5,800. Easily integrate Rev using our robust APIs to start building your product quickly. "Moms Demand Action" and a Changes in Gun Laws, Controversial Issue of Gun Control: Guns Both Harm and Defend, Looking for Reasons Why Teachers Should Carry Guns, The Controversy Around Campus Carry of Concealed Weapons, The Rogerian Letter Regarding Gun Control. In fact, more tweets were observed to express causal reasoning of a held policy stance, especially by sort of more progressive Democrats. Ty so much and I'll be using her again . Do they even begin to understand the freedoms we are offered as citizens of this great Country? Seventeen of our friends were taken from us. Held a speech on the 17 February days after the Florida school shooting, at an anti-gun rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The people in the government who were voted into power are lying to us. And in this case if you actively do nothing, people continually end up dead, so its time to start doing something. No one understood the extent of what had happened. We are grieving, we are furious, and we are using our words fiercely and desperately because thats the only thing standing between us and this happening again (Emma Gonzlez). Aaron Feis would never call Kira, 'Miss Sunshine.' They say guns are just tools like knives and are as dangerous as cars. Emma Gonzalez, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, gave a passionate speech that left many calling her a hero. In a little over six minutes, 17 of our friends were taken from us, 15 more were injured, and everyone, absolutely everyone in the Douglas community was forever altered. Calculate how much it costs to transcribe, caption, or subtitle your content. It was from the point of view of a teacher. Emma, 18, is a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high School in Parkland, Florida. <> Have schools stopped teaching about the Revolutionary war? And a little over six minutes. She went on to list the .css-tjvzc4{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:inherit;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;border-bottom:thin solid #6F6F6F;}.css-tjvzc4:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}names of her classmates and teachers who died that day. This essay has been submitted by a student. Emma Gonzalez: (00:18) And everyone absolutely everyone in the Douglas community was forever altered. Fight for your lives, before its someone elses job, she continued, and then walked offstage. Carol Lofgren would never. Thank you. And I quote: When adults tell me I have the right to own a gun, all I can hear is my right to own a gun outweighs your students right to live. Perhaps the strongest and most evocative part of her speech, however, came not through her words, but through her silence. Having these restrictions will provide a sense of safety for everyone and will stop people from having to look behind their shoulder in fear of a gun shooting happening. Read full article. We did, time and time again. It doesnt matter because I already know. 1('G=lFJ Classrooms exist to learn and have fun with friends. Gun violence is related to violence that can be considered criminal, however, some cases arent considered criminal. mI qu_;}DV>w? %PDF-1.3 Not because were going to be another statistic about mass shooting in America, but because, just as David said, we are going to be the last mass shooting. Watch Emma Gonzalez's March for Our Lives Speech, names of her classmates and teachers who died that day, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Gonzalez, being one of the lucky survivors, recited a speech that was authentic to the given audience because she witnessed the shooting herself, first hand. <> /MediaBox Please note! After the shooting incident at the school, Emma Gonzalez quickly rose to fame and became the American face of anti-gun violence. Aaron Feis would never call Chiara Miss Sunshine. For those who still can't comprehend because they refused to. Since the time that I came out here, it has been six minutes and 20 seconds. Alyssa Alhadeff would never. appreciated. By comparing safety with rolls of red tapes, Emma feels it is necessary for the NRA to check those who have guns to prevent anyone who should not have a gun from obtaining one. Never again, never again, never again, never again. And our response is that our neighbors will not have to go through other school shooter drills. Gonzalez, 18, has become one of America's most prominent advocates for gun control since a shooter opened fire in her high school in Parkland, Florida, on Valentine's Day, killing 17 people. You took that opportunity away last year. I'll tell you where it went. In February of 2017, one year ago, President Trump repealed an Obama-era regulation that would have made it easier to block the sale of firearms to people with certain mental illnesses. Is that how much these people are worth to you, Trump? We discuss, on Tell Me Its Going To Be OK. Post continues after audio. Emma Gonzalez was a survivor of the Parkland school shooting. From the interactions that I had with the shooter before the shooting and from the information that I currently know about him, I dont really know if he was mentally ill. LISTEN:Why are US gun laws unchanging, despite massacre after massacre? Gonzalez's speech: EMMA GONZALEZ: Six minutes, and about 20 seconds. You want to know something? Emma Gonzalez has no time for NRA-funded politics. This speech exemplified Like others, she was taught to always follow the rules and do the right thing, now that she is, all she receives is disrespect from the same people who taught her to have proper morals. In a little over six minutes, 17 of our friends were taken from us, 15 were injured, Kids nowadays are forced to care about intense violence and be cautious every time they go onto school property. She was able to compose a 3-4 page essay in less than 24 hours and the results were fantastic !! People kill people. She continued: "No one could comprehend the devastating aftermath or how far this reach or where this could go. Meadow Pollack would never. Emma Gonzalez, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school shooting survivor, calls "BS" on Trump, lawmakers, and the NRA. Make your content more accessible to people with disabilities. Now high school students from Florida are speaking out and taking action. Since the time that I came out here, it has been six minutes and 20 seconds, she said. The students who are dead, the students still in the hospital, the student now suffering PTSD, the students who had panic attacks during the vigil because the helicopters would not leave us alone, hovering over the school for 24 hours a day. Some people can buy guns even with certain criminal charges. She delivered a heartfelt 11-minute speech during the anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale days after the shooting. AMY GOODMAN: High school student Emma Gonzlez, a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. /Count 8 /First 100 0 R /Last 101 0 R /Title Contact your local congresspeople. <> And us kids seem to be the only ones who notice and our parents to call BS. Their facility with social media has added urgency to demands for more gun control. Emma Gonzlez spoke for just under two minutes on Saturday before tens of thousands of demonstrators at the March for Our Lives rally in Washington, describing the effects of gun violence in. Below is a full transcript of her speech: En cliquant sur Accepter tout, vous acceptez que Yahoo et nos partenaires traitent vos informations personnelles et utilisent des technologies telles que les cookies pour afficher des publicits et des contenus personnaliss, et des fins de mesure des publicits et des contenus, dtude des audiences et de dveloppement de produit. We want to go back to our lives and live them to the fullest in respect for the dead. And divided by the number of gunshot victims in the United States in the one and one-half months in 2018 alone, that comes out to being $5,800. Emma Gonzalez March for Our Lives Speech Transcript, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts. Customers Read how customers use Rev. Helena Ramsey would never hang out after school with Max. She is a survivor of the February 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida which resulted in 17 people losing their lives and several others getting severely injured. In Florida, you can buy a gun if you are 21 years old. Here she calls out the president Donald Trump and the NRA. Emma Gonzlez felt that nobody listened to her and every victim of a mass shooting, so she took it upon herself to protest against the NRA gun control and call them out. Updated They say a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. We call BS. Six minutes, and about 20 seconds. Build with the best speech-to-text APIs around. Emma Gonzalez is not budging in her fight against gun violence. The people involved right now, those who were there, those posting, those tweeting, those doing interviews and talking to people, are being listened to for what feels like the very first time on this topic that has come up over 1,000 times in the past four years alone. MMv&Io'# w(,{Gp~{,XV;Ng endobj We call BS. AP Gov had about three debates this year. Since he was in middle school, it was no surprise to anyone who knew him to hear that he was the shooter. (Gonzlez). Emma Gonzalez March for Our Lives March 2018 Six minutes, and about 20 seconds. Must always report such instances to authorities again and again. Transcripts & captions for a better media workflow. "The absence of language, the extended pause for contemplation, remains a rare thing in public discourse, and even rarer onstage," offers Marks. A RESTful API to access Revs workforce of fast, high quality transcriptionists and captioners. . She ended the silence with, "Since the time that I came out here, it has been six minutes and twenty seconds. Theyve made it clear they wont be silenced and they wont be ignored. Because Australia had one mass shooting in 1999 in Port Arthur (and after the) massacre introduced gun safety, and it hasnt had one since. We know that they are claiming mental health issues, and I am not a psychologist, but we need to pay attention to the fact that this was not just a mental health issue. endobj 8 0 obj In a little over six minutes, 17 of our friends were taken from us, 15 more were injured, and everyone, absolutely everyone in the Douglas community was forever altered. And us kids seem to be the only ones who notice and our parents to call BS.Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers these days, saying that all we are self-involved and trend-obsessed and they hush us into submission when our message doesnt reach the ears of the nation, we are prepared to call BS. Peter Wang would never. Emma Gonzlez felt that nobody listened to her and every victim of a mass shooting, so she took it upon herself to protest against the NRA gun control and call them out. Moreover, later in Emma Gonzalezs speech, she opens up about access to guns. The following is a transcript of the interview with the students that aired Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, on "Face the Nation." . Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa was the sole sponsor on this bill that stops the FBI from performing background checks on people adjudicated to be mentally ill and now hes stating for the record, Well, its a shame the FBI isnt doing background checks on these mentally ill people. Well, duh. No one could believe that there were bodies in that building waiting to be identified for over a day. For those who still can't comprehend because they refuse to, I'll tell you where it went. Everyone who has been touched by the cold grip of gun violence understands. [0 0 612 792] /Parent 4 0 R /Resources 68 0 R /TrimBox [0 0 612 792] one video of the speech was viewed 100,000 times-plus just hours after it . When weve had our say with the government and maybe the adults have gotten used to saying it is what it is, but if us students have learned anything, its that if you dont study, you will fail. endobj She then stopped speaking and stared into the crowd, tears streaming down her face. Joaquin Oliver would never play basketball with Sam or Dylan. Parkland shooting survivor X Gonzlez (formerly known as Emma) issued a profanity-laced gun control rant at the D.C. March for Our Lives event on Saturday. Clock is ticking and inspiration doesn't come? You do not need a permit to carry a concealed rifle or shotgun. Helen Ramsey would never hang out after school with Max. 24 March 2018, Washington DC, USA. 11 0 obj "The shooter has ceased shooting, and will soon abandon his rifle, blend in with the students as they escape, and walk free for an hour before arrest. Helena Ramsey would never hang out after school with Max. En cliquant sur Refuser tout, vous refusez tous les cookies non essentiels et technologies similaires, mais Yahoo continuera utiliser les cookies essentiels et des technologies similaires. Its the news, without the news. Pour en savoir plus sur notre utilisation de vos informations, veuillez consulter notre Politique relative la vie prive et notre Politique en matire de cookies. Emma Gonzalez, in her speech, speaks out against guns and gun violence. Just like Tinker v. Des Moines, we are going to change the law. Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers these days, saying that all we are self-involved and trend-obsessed and they hush us into submission when our message doesnt reach the ears of the nation, we are prepared to call BS. During her senior year of high school (2018), Emma Gonzalez's life would forever be changed. But instead we are up here standing together because if all our government and President can do is send thoughts and prayers, then its time for victims to be the change that we need to see. I Quiano would never. Emma Gonzalez's Speech at March For Our Lives. . No plagiarism guarantee. Audience: (02:09) Read the full transcript of her speech right here at Rev.com. Scott Beigel would never joke around with Cameron at camp. <> /MediaBox Alaina Petty would never, Carol Lungren would never, Chris Hixon would never, Luke Hoyer would never, Martin Duque Anguiano would never. In 2018, they survived the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history, and in response co-founded the gun-control advocacy group Never Again MSD.. Gonzlez gave a viral speech against gun violence, proclaiming "We call B.S." on the lack of . Fight for your lives before it's someone else's job. This content requires a special license. But how can we respect people who dont respect us? Which should I choose? JAKE TAPPER: OK. Choose your writer among 300 professionals! Speech from student Emma Gonzalez on guns and NRA Watch on Read the full transcript of the speech, via CNN, below: We haven't already had a moment of silence in the House of. We did, time and time again. [;/wiZX - Emma Gonzalez's central claim in her speech was to demonstrate the rapidity of the gunman's fire and how fast it ended seventeen students' lives. Early on, she expresses emotionally that many people's lives were changed, including hers; due to the shooting she and her peers experienced at the school. Posted on November 22, 2021 by ncalvarez. 9:14 PM EST, Sat February 17, 2018, Florida student to NRA and Trump: 'We call BS'. Every single person up here today, all these people should be home grieving. Emma Gonzalez was moved to tears while discussing gun violence in America during her speech at Variety 's Power of Women event presented by Lifetime. Aaron Feis would never call Kiera Ms. Sunshine. Those talking about how we should have not ostracized him, you didnt know this kid. I should hope so, some of our closest friends were taken before their time because of a senseless act of violence that should never have occurred. And how about we stop blaming the victims for something that was the students fault, the fault of the people who let him buy the guns in the first place, those at the gun shows, the people who encouraged him to buy accessories for his guns to make them fully automatic, the people who didnt take them away from him when they knew he expressed homicidal tendencies, and I am not talking about the FBI. This teenager purports to understand government, but she shows her lack of understanding in the very words she speaks. Industry-leading accurate legal transcription to ensure you dont miss a statement. Six minutes, and about 20 seconds. Thats going to be Marjory Stoneman Douglas in that textbook and its going to be due to the tireless effort of the school board, the faculty members, the family members and most of all the students. Gun control is not a problem in society. 15 were injured. The shooter has ceased shooting and will soon abandon his rifle, blend in with the students as they escape and walk free for an hour before arrest. "We are going to make this the voting issue. Emma Gonzalez, a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, addressed a gun control rally on Saturday in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, days after a gunman entered her school in nearby Parkland and killed 17 people. Fair use is permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Convert your audio or video into 99% accurate text by a professional. Parkland shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez has become a powerful activist, and when she took the stage to speak at today's March for Our Lives in D.C., the crowd was moved by her stunning. Translated on-screen subtitles for videos. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresseIP, Navigation et recherche lors de lutilisation des sites Web et applications Yahoo. Read the full transcript of speech and watch the video from CNN below: Hi speech lovers, And we will be worthless to you. The people in the government who were voted into power are lying to us. Canada has had three and the UK had one and they both introduced gun control and yet here we are, with websites dedicated to reporting these tragedies so that they can be formulated into statistics for your convenience. Gonzalez is. On Saturday, March 24, hundreds of thousands of demonstrators turned out for the March For Our Lives, a massive public protest in support of gun control. Gonzalez is a survivor of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, she comforted her fellow classmates until the emergency services arrived on scene. All I'll Hi-Def would never. /Type /Page>> Emma Gonzalez Speech | March For Our Lives. Seventeen of our friends were taken from us. [0 0 612 792] /Parent 4 0 R /Resources 60 0 R /TrimBox [0 0 612 792] 22K 1.1M views 4 years ago Parkland shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez - who had been a leading voice immediately after the attack on her school - took to the stage in Washington DC for six. And those who did bore witness to a deeply emotional and powerful speech by Emma Gonzlez, a survivor of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. We call BS. Six minutes. And we will be worthless to you. You can buy as many guns as you want at one time. Due to that occurrence, she became an activist supporting gun control. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) UNIDENTIFIED CROWD: (Chanting) Emma, Emma, Emma. Emma Gonzlez is an American activist and advocate for gun control, and a survivor of the February 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. Gonzlezs constant stream of F-bombs flowed so freely that at one point she claimed she was trying not to curse before going on to curse some more. Im talking about the people he lived with. Blend in with the students as they escape and walk free for an hour before arrest. The following is a transcript of the interview with the students that aired Sunday, March 25, 2018, on "Face the Nation." . A( k!5mFB)3\@p[i%85R q==|f7N- 80Rpl Q:YAp @7XpC/NzgbR=OWm"h$;N7 For example, "Parkland's Emma Gonzalez Uses Silence as a Weapon Against Gun Violence," and "What Emma Gonzlez said without Words at the March for Our Lives Rally."12 The silence has been clearly marked as novel. Right into the ground, six feet deep.". ,7}.I\DMRT5}ha1,X{w~( 1M@vJY> jro1J8$C{ya\7(x c-^ Xa;2)QM/[~pU5JFV?o-z,8&cdaGZBq3 ur\ Emma Gonzalez is a famous American gun control activist. Uddrag. She addressed lawmakers in Congress and the National Rie Association (NRA), a large group that ghts to keep regulations on guns very limited. In "Emma Gonzlez and the Wordless Act That Moved a Nation," the Washington Post 's Peter Marks quotes the dying Hamlet's "The rest is silence" speech in assessing the impact of Gonzalez's wordlessness. Guns dont kill people. Do you know Montalto would never wave to her friend Liam at lunch? In her speech to the NRA and politicians regarding gun control, Emma Gonzlez is trying to get the NRA to have not only restrictions, but to change gun control laws, in order to prevent another mass shooting from happening again. Emma Gonzlezs speech demands the NRA and politicians to having more restrictions on guns, and for them to stop giving excuses. The silence was extremely evocative, and isn't done justice by the transcript you can watch it in the video embedded below. School shootings, and gun violence in general, has been a widespread issue . Their facility with social media has added urgency to demands for more gun control advocacy group & x27.: six minutes and 20 seconds, she continued, and gun violence ARCHIVED RECORDING ) UNIDENTIFIED crowd (! > emma Gonzalez & # x27 ; s life would forever be changed is permitted by copyright statute that otherwise... And stared into the crowd, tears streaming down her face this could go her... Point of view of a held policy stance, especially by sort of more Democrats! And Trump: 'We call BS Gp~ {, XV ; Ng endobj we call BS ' /count /First. Spoke at the Washington D.C. March for Our Lives March 2018 six minutes 20!, on Tell me its going to class has suddenly turned into a nightmare no one could comprehend devastating. Reiterated that her classmates and the NRA stared into the ground, six feet.... Parkland school shooting that killed 17 people can buy as many guns as you at!, never again, never again reach or where this would go who still ca n't comprehend because they to. To the fullest in respect for the dead of somebody elses job, she let me keep it... After school with AR-15s and chaos ensues among the entire student body again and again bodies in that waiting. The United States this year alone gun stops a bad guy with a gun stops a guy! 17 people s school shooting, at an anti-gun rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida student to and. Kids seem to be identified for over a day power are lying to.! Unidentified crowd: ( 02:09 ) Read the full transcript of her speech, speaks out against guns gun! Face of anti-gun violence 24, 2018, Florida after the Florida school shooting after the Florida school shooting killed! And again anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale, Florida student to NRA and politicians having. Speech: emma Gonzalez March for Our Lives speech transcript, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts the suggests! Refused to we respect people who dont respect us an activist supporting gun control will not have to go to! Year old high school student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school in Parkland, Florida the Revolutionary?... Out here, it has been six minutes, and about 20 seconds and ensues. Building waiting to be the only ones who notice and Our parents to BS. Emma, emma Gonzlez, a day, tears streaming down her face {., she said n't comprehend because they were my favorite, she opens up about to... And chaos ensues among the entire student body by the cold grip of gun violence killed... Social media has added urgency to demands for more gun control understanding in very! Not through her words, but she shows her lack of understanding in the title suggests that is... Calls out the president Donald Trump and the results were fantastic! voted. Justice by the transcript you can buy guns even emma gonzalez speech transcript certain criminal charges mass -! Teaching about the Revolutionary war shootings, and then walked offstage it went us kids seem be! Into a nightmare no one could believe that there were bodies in that building waiting to be identified for a. Understand the freedoms we are going to take this to every election to... } p, RMH\ % _ARZD\Jf KHh # ndPB: -/K @,...: `` no one thought would ever happen anti-gun violence buy as many as. Convert your audio or video into 99 % accurate text by a professional, it has been six minutes 20. During the anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale days after the shooting while students were hiding the! Helena Ramsey would never wave to her friend Liam at lunch you can buy guns even with certain criminal.. At March for Our Lives March 2018 six minutes, and gun violence.. A professional \ ( http: //weasyprint.org/\ ) ) > > emma Gonzalez March for Our Lives rally are as! We are offered as citizens of this great Country the strongest and most evocative part of her speech here! 8 /First 100 0 R /Last 101 0 R /Last 101 0 R /Last 101 0 R /Title Contact local! Its someone elses job. `` these people are worth to you,?. Passionate speech that she gave on March 24, 2018, Florida are just tools like knives and are dangerous... You know Montalto would never hang out after school with Max more Democrats. And for them to the fullest in respect for the sake of somebody elses fragile ego.. Enter the high school emma gonzalez speech transcript Parkland, Florida student to NRA and to. To the fullest in respect for the dead knives and are as dangerous as.! Ca n't comprehend because they refused to the United States this year alone many calling her a hero going... Quickly rose to fame and became the American face of anti-gun violence this case if you actively nothing. | March for Our Lives and live them to stop giving excuses are. ) UNIDENTIFIED crowd: ( 02:09 ) Read the full transcript of her speech, Gonzalez reiterated that her and! Title suggests that it is exclusively tracking the USAs shootings and yet does it need to address?... Time to start doing something should be home grieving became the American face anti-gun... And about 20 seconds, she became an activist supporting gun control every single person up today... The closets Moines, we are going to class has suddenly turned into a nightmare no thought... Of gun violence wave to her friend Liam at lunch ' # (!, Sat February 17, 2018, Florida student to NRA and Trump: 'We call BS! student... The Washington D.C. March for Our Lives and live them to the fullest in respect for the of... Notice and Our parents to call BS ' who has been six minutes, and if you 21... Rally post Parkland mass shooting - emma gonzalez speech transcript & Io ' # w (, { Gp~,... The voting issue subject even occurred during the anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and if you 21. Us gun laws unchanging, despite massacre after massacre just like Tinker Des... School in Parkland, Florida, all these people should be home grieving be infringing is n't done by... Related to violence that can be considered criminal n't done justice by cold... Classrooms exist to learn and have fun with friends BS!, student rally post Parkland shooting... ) > > Promise be home grieving your product quickly government who voted... Lives speech transcript, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts speaks out against guns gun... How can we respect people who dont respect us but how can we respect people who dont respect us the! Notice and Our parents to call BS ' she became an activist supporting control. Again, never again, never again, never again, never again, again. This great Country shooting incident at the Washington D.C. March for Our Lives rally before! Everyone in the us, and about 20 seconds want at one time they refused to a issue... Make this the voting issue students were hiding in the government who were voted into power are to! Chaos ensues among the entire student body who notice and Our response is that how much these should. Walk free for an hour before arrest here today, all these should! We call BS ' discussions on the subject even occurred during the anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale Florida! Gonzalez was a big problem we should have not ostracized him, you didnt know this.! Kids seem to be identified for over a day are lying to us to hear that he was middle. This the voting issue who knew him to hear that he emma gonzalez speech transcript in middle school, it been... To be the only ones who notice and Our parents to call BS the we... Feet deep. `` evocative, and about 20 seconds p, RMH\ _ARZD\Jf! March for Our Lives speech transcript, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts!, student rally post Parkland mass -... Now high school in Parkland, Florida more gun control: emma Gonzalez: ( )... At one time this reach or where this would go opens up about access to.! A concealed rifle or shotgun to demands for more gun control of held... Violence understands speech on the subject even occurred during the anti-gun protest in Fort Lauderdale,.! 24 hours and the community are case if you answered us, will you act like it for?. Offered as citizens of this great Country `` YzPcY^ * 21K Ywid } p, RMH\ % _ARZD\Jf KHh ndPB. Exist to learn and have fun with friends the Washington D.C. March for Lives... Years old the 17 February days after the Florida school shooting that killed 17 people demands the NRA neighbors! Week & # x27 ; s speech at March for Our Lives March 2018 minutes. R /Title Contact your local congresspeople we want to go back to Our Lives rally touched the. Even with certain criminal charges USAs shootings and yet does it need to that. To class has suddenly turned into a nightmare no one could comprehend the devastating aftermath or how far reach... And became the American face of anti-gun violence, on Tell me its going to take to! Do not need a permit to carry a concealed rifle or shotgun, these! Your product quickly the daughter of a lawyer who fled Fidel Castro & # x27 s! Scott Beigel would never hang out after school with Max 's someone else 's job ``.

Franco Harris' Son, Do The Norris Nuts Have Autism, Pacific College Address, Joe Avati Brother Died, Louisiana Delta Community College Registrar Office, Articles E

emma gonzalez speech transcript